Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Scrolls - Belated February Review

Perhaps we should just call these monthly reviews "belated" and not stress about getting them on time. Because they're never on time. Then again, nothing we ever do is on time. You'll just have to get over it.

In case you didn't recognize the bleak writing style, this is Persy, here to tell you all about the month of looooooove.

Best February Book: Circle of Blood, story and art by David Mack. The whole thing, story and art, is absolutely beautiful. I mean, holy crap. It's beautiful.

Honorable Mention(s): ...I have a few. Ouran High School Host Club volumes 5 and 6 (I'm sorry, but they just stay awesome) by Bisco Hatori, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, Fruits Basket Vol. 6 by Natsuki Takaya, and Wonders Never Cease by Tim Downs.

Worst February Book: Jenny Green's Killer Junior Year by Amy Belasen and someone else I can't remember. I'd actually managed to forget this entire book until I went to look back at my unfinished books of February.

Dishonorable Mention: Deathstalker by Simon Green. It was particularly bad, just so long and monotonous that it wasn't worth finishing.

And all I can say for this month is... Beware the ides of March!

--Persy

Konnichiwa, everyone! Arty here for your conflicting dose of cheer. Except that I had another blah month. So... now I'm sad and have no cheer for you. Excuse me while I go mope in my hamster home.

Best February Book: The Time of the Ghost by Diana Wynne Jones. Jones is a master - so read the review. Better yet, read the book.

Honorable Mention: Halt's Peril by John Flanagan. It's Ranger's Apprentice... about Halt. Can you get better? Also, Fruits Basket is getting even better with its 17th and 18th volumes. Action!

Worst February Book: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. A book for history, I would have never, ever read this on my own. It's just a miserable book. Maybe it got some health standards passed back in the day, but that doesn't make it good literature.

Dishonorable Mention: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. Sorry, Mr. Riordan - while I adore Percy Jackson and the Olympians... the other stuff just hasn't done it for me. I think the disappointment did this book in more than anything.

So now one of my favorite authors made the Dishonorable Mention list. Excuse me, I need to go update my hamster home. Hope February was better for you than it was for me!

-Arty

No comments:

Post a Comment