Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Scrolls - March Review!

Hey, guys, Persy here. Ready for some March Madness?

I read seventeen books in March, with a total of 3,117 pages. A bit lower than February's, but that's okay (and actually, there were a few graphic novels I read that didn't have page numbers, so I've actually read 3,117+ pages).

Best March Book: Dallas by Gabriel Ba and Gerard Way, the second Umbrella Academy graphic novel. This is so much better than the first one! Time travel done perfectly.

Honorable Mention(s): Castle In The Air by Diana Wynne Jones, also a sequel, this one to Howl's Moving Castle (this was the first review ever written on this site!); Can't Kiss The Ring by Tite Kubo (also a sequel, strangely); and Dying To Meet You by Kate and M. Sarah Klise. Okay, so I had a lot of honorable mentions this month.

Worst March Book: Snitch by Allison van Diepen. I didn't finish it because Allison van Diepen is a total snob and also a really bad writer.

Dishonorable Mention: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth-Grahame Smith.

Let's see how April goes!

--Persy


Hola, all! Arty here.

Well, March was significantly better than February. It cheers me up just thinking about it. I read 21 books this month, four of which were manga.

Best March Book: This is a really hard choice - seriously. But, by virtue of the spectacular ending, which had me crying in front of my mother and brother, my favorite book is A Tale of Two Cities by, of course, Charles Dickens. If you read any book by Dickens - or even any classic at all - read this one.

Honorable Mention: Where do I begin? The 21st volume of Fruits Basket was amazing. A Well-Timed Enchantment by Vivian Vande Velde (look for a "special" coming up on this book). To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, another really classic classic. And Lives of Christopher Chant, by my writer-hero Diana Wynne Jones.

Worst March Book: No Promises In The Wind by Irene Hunt. Another history book. Just... boring. The main character was annoying. And what was up with Howie, I have no idea.

Dishonorable Mention: Matched by Ally Condie. I only got a hundred pages into it before I pretty much fell asleep. Nothing. happened.

Here's hoping April is even better than March!

No comments:

Post a Comment